A Plantation Public Transportation Accident Attorney Ready To Help You
Public transport accidents can be a traumatic experience for passengers who are injured or suffer property damage. These accidents can result in serious injuries, high medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. In Florida, passengers of public transportation accidents may have legal options to recover compensation for their injuries and losses. In this blog post, we will explore some key aspects of public transport accidents in Florida and how a Plantation public transportation accident attorney lawyer can help.
Types of Public Transport Accidents
Public transport vehicles include buses, trains, trolleys, and other forms of transportation operated by a government entity or a private company that provides transportation services to the public. The types of accidents that can occur with public transport vehicles include collisions with other vehicles, pedestrian accidents, slip and fall incidents, and even assaults or other criminal acts.
Collisions with other vehicles are among the most common public transport accidents. These accidents can result in serious injuries and property damage. Pedestrian accidents can occur when a public transport vehicle hits a pedestrian while they are crossing the street. Slip and fall incidents can occur when passengers get on or off a public transport vehicle and suffer an injury due to a hazard or defect on the vehicle or the property where the vehicle is parked.
Causes of Public Transport Accidents
Public transport accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Driver error: Public transport drivers may make errors that lead to an accident, such as distracted driving, driving under the influence, or reckless driving.
- Equipment failure: Public transport vehicles may experience mechanical issues, such as brake failure or tire blowouts, which can lead to an accident.
- Poor maintenance: If a public transport vehicle is not maintained correctly, it can create a hazard that can lead to an accident.
- Hazardous conditions: Public transport accidents can also be caused by dangerous road or weather conditions or by the actions of other drivers on the road.
If You Witness a Plantation Public Transport Accident
If you witness a public transportation accident in Florida, it is important to take appropriate action to ensure all involved’s safety and provide any necessary assistance.
The first step is to call 911 and report the accident to the authorities. Provide as much information as possible, including the location of the accident, the number of people involved, and any injuries you are aware of. If it is safe to do so, stay at the accident scene until emergency responders arrive.
If you are trained in first aid or have medical training, aid any injured parties until emergency responders arrive. This may include stopping bleeding, stabilizing the injured person’s head and neck, or performing CPR.
If possible, take photos or videos of the accident scene, including any damage to the vehicles involved and any injuries sustained by the passengers. This information can be useful later if legal action is taken.
When emergency responders arrive, provide any additional information that may be useful to them, such as the location of injured parties, the cause of the accident, or any witnesses who may have seen what happened.
If You Cause the Accident with Your Vehicle
If you cause a public transportation accident in Florida with your vehicle, it is important to stay at the scene. Do not leave the accident scene, as it is against the law.
Check yourself and others involved in the accident for injuries. Call 911 immediately if there are any injuries or if you are unsure whether there are injuries. If possible, move your vehicle and any involved public vehicles to a safe location off the road to prevent further accidents.
Exchange contact and insurance information with the public transportation driver and any passengers involved in the accident. Obtain the following information:
- Name, address, and phone number of the public transportation driver
- Name, address, and phone number of any passengers on the public vehicle
- Insurance information of the public transportation company
- License plate number, make, and model of the public vehicle
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses
Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. Florida law requires that you report any accident involving property damage or injury to the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) within ten days of the accident. You should always contact a Plantation public transportation accident attorney focused in these types of accidents. They can help you understand your legal rights and options.
Legal Options for Passengers of Public Transport Accidents
Passengers injured in public transport accidents may have legal options to recover compensation for their injuries and losses. These options include:
- Personal injury claims: A personal injury claim can be filed against the transit company or the vehicle’s driver if their negligence or recklessness caused the accident. This can help passengers recover compensation for their medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- No-fault insurance claims: Florida is a no-fault insurance state, meaning that passengers injured in a public transport accident may be able to file a claim with their insurance company, regardless of who was at fault. This can help passengers recover compensation for their medical expenses and lost wages, regardless of fault.
- Workers’ compensation claims: If a passenger was injured while working as an employee of the transit company, they might be able to file a workers’ compensation claim. This can help them recover compensation for their medical expenses and lost wages while they cannot work.
- Wrongful death claims: If a loved one was killed in a public transport accident, their family could file a wrongful death claim. This can help them recover compensation for their loved one’s medical expenses, funeral expenses, lost income, and other damages.
Choose The Right Plantation Public Transportation Accident Attorney Near You
Attorney Nerina Smart can walk you through the personal injury claims process with compassion and experience. Nerina will immediately begin working to identify the liable party through a thorough, detailed investigation.
The Law Offices of Nerina Smart, P.A. will make a real difference in your pedestrian claim by investigating how the extent of your injuries have affected your everyday life. We will collect police reports, witness statements, medical records, and statements from expert witnesses to build a strong case on your behalf. If personalized client attention is important to you, contact The Law Offices of Nerina Smart, P.A., and we will pursue justice on your behalf.