Do I Need a Lawyer For Minor Car Accident Injuries?
You may have asked yourself—“is hiring a lawyer for a car accident worth it?” Many people involved in car accidents have the same question. If your accident is very minor—meaning your car has minor damage and you have no injuries or only a few bumps and bruises—then you can probably handle it on your own. If, however, you have more serious injuries that may even prevent you from immediately returning to work, contacting an experienced car accident lawyer is virtually always your best course of action.
In other words, if you back into another car in the grocery store parking lot, you can obtain a police report, exchange information, and contact insurance companies on your own to handle the damage to the vehicles. Anything more serious can escalate quickly, leading to extensive medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contacting an experienced attorney from The Law Offices of Nerina Smart, P.A. can help ensure you receive a fair settlement for your injuries and other damages. Attorney Nerina Smart believes strongly in justice and in protecting your future.
When Do I Need to Consider Hiring a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Hiring an attorney following your car accident in Plantation is best done as quickly as possible. After your car accident, you are likely confused, in pain, and overwhelmed. You may not be certain as to what you need to do to move forward in the best way possible. Your car accident attorney can play a vital role when it comes to fighting for your rightful compensation while ensuring your rights are protected. So, if the “when” is now, what is the “why” of hiring a lawyer for your car accident? Consider the following reasons to hire a highly experienced Plantation car accident attorney:
- A thorough knowledge of the law with specialized legal training is something your attorney brings to the table—and something you are unlikely to be able to duplicate on your own. Your attorney will know how to prove fault and will be mindful of the statutes of limitations regarding your accident. The legal issues and relevant laws related to your car accident can be easily identified by your attorney. When you have an experienced car accident attorney by your side you vastly increase the likelihood of obtaining an equitable settlement.
- Your car accident attorney will handle the insurance company on your behalf, negotiating a settlement that is fair and fully covers all your injuries and damages. Your attorney will not let the insurance company’s desire to pay out the least amount possible affect your settlement. Your attorney can accurately interpret the provisions of your insurance policy’s language as it applies to coverage, exclusions, and limitations.
- The level of compensation you deserve can more accurately be determined by an experienced car accident attorney. The type and amount of compensation you are entitled to receive can change over time and with the progression of your medical treatments. You may have pain and suffering, require physical therapy, be unable to return to work, or have other issues that deserve compensation.
- Your attorney will be highly skilled at proving liability. Even when the police report and witnesses state the other driver was at fault, it can be tougher to prove the driver breached his or her duty of care. Your car accident attorney is skilled in doing just that.
- Evidence necessary to back up your car accident claim can be collected by your attorney. This evidence could include cell phone photos, accident reports, intersection camera video, witness statements, medical records, and medical tests.
- Your attorney can comprehensively explain your settlement options, guiding you through the process for the best possible outcome. If the insurance company makes a settlement offer, your attorney can negotiate for a better deal, or advise you that the offer is a good one.
- If out-of-court negotiations do not work out, your attorney will help you seek justice in a courtroom. Very few non-lawyers can handle a trial on their own. It takes many years of training, education, and experience to be comfortable walking into a courtroom, and even more to be successful. When you have a seasoned attorney by your side, you will receive highly-skilled legal representation as your attorney strategically presents evidence on your behalf.
Getting the Help You Need from The Law Offices of Nerina Smart, P.A.
When you choose The Law Offices of Nerina Smart, P.A., you will always receive highly personalized client attention. Attorney Nerina Smart will break down your car accident case so you fully understand the process, as well as the potential outcomes. Nerina believes in obtaining justice for those who cannot obtain justice on their own. With compassion and intelligence, attorney Nerina Smart is a trustworthy problem solver who focuses on helping those injured through the negligence of another.
The Law Offices of Nerina Smart, P.A., constantly strives to deliver success to our clients through hard work and experience. We understand that your legal needs are unique to you and your situation. Because of this, we offer personalized attention to you—and to every client who walks through our door. Further, we understand the challenges you face following your car accident and will work hard to minimize those challenges. Contact The Law Offices of Nerina Smart, P.A., today.